Creating Solar Heating in Argentina
Help low-income families be healthier, by providing access to hot water; good for the environment too, as it recycles soda bottles!
About this project
Help alongside the locals to create a solar-powered hot water heater to provide hot water day and night to residents of villages in Argentina.
Scarlett, a 12-year-old girl who helped assemble a panel with her family, said, “we’re…going to keep collecting…cartons, cans and Styrofoam, because now we know they have a use.”
In 2005, Buenos Aires reflected the shift in recycling habits when it became the first Latin American City to vote for a Zero Waste policy.
Main volunteering activities:
- Helping alongside local experts, mixing cement, constructing the stove walls, installing the chimney, glazing the sides
- This inspiring volunteering project typically lasts 1 day
- It involves 4-6 hours of helping
- November to April is recommended, but you can help anytime
- This volunteering project blends well with renovating a nearby school, as well as a lot of sightseeing and relaxation activities, such as exploring Buenos Aires
Successes to date:
Hundreds of solar panels have been installed throughout Argentina, making families healthier by providing hot water, and countless bottles, cans, and styrofoam have been recycled into this eco-friendly solution.
This project is for you if:
- You are looking for a project that enables you to interact meaningfully with the local people
- You would like an experience that has a tangible outcome
- You are happy rolling up your sleeves and getting involved
- You have limited time available (project lasts just one day)
- Cycle tours through Buenos Aires
- A football match in Buenos Aires
- Antique shopping in San Telmo
- Colorful La Boca
- Recoleta Cemetery
- Tours led by disadvantaged youth through lesser-known parts of Buenos Aires
Suggested Itinerary for Argentina
Heating and Happiness in Argentina
Price: US$6,885 per adult, $4,200 per child under 12
This adventure not only enables you to bond as a family by installing eco-friendly solar-heated hot water for families who don’t have access to electricity, you also get to explore the highlights of this exciting country.
- Creating solar heating out of recycled bottles so a family can have hot water – awesome family bonding and meaningful interaction
- Guided tours led by low-income young people trained as tour guides
- Cycle tour through Buenos Aires
- Superb steaks and Malbec wine
- The awesome Iguassu Falls
- The enchanting rainforest and jungle
- Luxury accommodation throughout
- Private transfers
- Expert local guides
- Breakfasts and meals as specified
- Volunteering costs
Note: Price excludes international flights
Sample Day by Day
Note: This is a sample itinerary only, and we delight in crafting unique itineraries to meet your family’s exact requirements
Note – this is purely a sample itinerary, designed to give you a flavor of Argentina, and we delight in crafting trips to your exact preferences.
You can customize this trip to suit your specific requirements, in fact any aspect of the itinerary can be altered, from excursions to accommodation.
Got a crazy request, or an off-the -radar place you have longed to visit? Just let us know – we delight in delighting you!
Here are some suggestions to customize this itinerary:
- Don crampons and hike on a glacier in Patagonia
- Whilst in Patagonia, visit the Perito Merino glacier, where huge pieces of ice crash into the sea
- Cycle through family-friendly vineyards in Mendoza
- Ride the breathtaking ‘train into the clouds’ in underrated Salta
- Lake hop around Bariloche (or ski there in the winter)
- Combine with Brazil, Bolivia or Chile
Discover more about Argentina >>
If you like this adventure then go ahead and share on social media.